July 10-16 | 4:30 & 7:00 p.m.
Written and directed by Jon Stewart, Irresistible is a comedy about what happens when a small Wisconsin town becomes the main attraction of our political circus. After the Democrat's top strategist Gary (Steve Carell) sees a video of a retired Marine Colonel (Chris Cooper) standing up for the rights of his town's undocumented workers, Gary believes he has found the key to winning back the Heartland. However, when the Republicans counter him by sending in his brilliant nemesis Faith (Rose Byrne), what started out as a local race quickly becomes an out-of-control and hilarious fight for the soul of America.
Length: 1 Hr 41 Min
July 10-16 | 4:30 & 7:00 p.m.
Legends of French cinema Catherine Deneuve and Juliette Binoche join masterful filmmaker Hirokazu Koreeda (Shoplifters, Still Walking) to paint a moving portrait of family dynamics in The Truth. Fabienne (Catherine Deneuve) is an aging French movie star who, despite her momentary lapses in memory, remains a venerable force to be reckoned with. Upon the publication of her memoirs, her daughter Lumir (Juliette Binoche) returns to Paris from New York with her husband (Ethan Hawke) and their young daughter to commemorate its release. A sharp and funny battle of wits ensues between the mother-daughter duo, as Lumir takes issue with Fabienne's rose-colored version of the past. Reflected cleverly by Fabienne's latest role in a sci-fi drama, their strained relationship takes a poignant journey toward possible reconciliation. Charming, bold, and imbued with endless emotional insight, The Truth offers a relatable look at human relationships, featuring exquisite performances from its all-star cast.
Length: 1 Hr 46 Min
Language: English and French with English Subtitles
The Plimoth Cinema Experience
Plimoth Visitor Center
137 Warren Ave.
4:30 & 7:00 p.m. showings
Freshly popped popcorn available for purchase daily
Beer & wine available for purchase Friday & Saturday (currently unavailable)
Plimoth has been hard at work to provide as safe an environment as possible for both staff and guests. You can rest assured that our COVID-19 Safety Plan follows the requirements provided by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Mandatory Workplace Safety Standards for Physical Distancing; Hygiene Protocols; Staffing and Operations; and Cleaning and Disinfecting.
- Indoors and outdoors, we’re requiring employees and all visitors to maintain, as often as possible, a distance of six (6) feet between themselves and others. Signage throughout the Museum and in the Cinema will let you know about safe physical distancing.
- We’re requiring cloth face coverings or masks for all employees and guests, including throughout the film.
- Handwashing and sanitizing capabilities can be found throughout the Museum’s VisitorCenter.
- Our facilities and maintenance team is regularly sanitizing high touch areas and has amplified already strong cleaning protocols, including overnight disinfectant fogging treatment of both theaters and cleaning between seatings.
- Seating is spaced appropriately throughout the theater.
- Theater chairs are covered in disposable plastic sleeves to ensure your safety. These will be changed between seatings.
- Our staff have received training on physical distancing and hygiene protocols, and employees who are displaying any COVID-19-like symptoms will not report to work.
Thank you! We are grateful for your support of Plimoth Cinema’s mission, especially during these challenging times. We are honored to be able to bring you a change of perspective, a respite from the daily news, and some excellent films.