History@Home Adventure Box
Do you have the courage to undertake the adventure of a lifetime?
Enter the story of 17th-century Plimoth and Historic Patuxet with the History@Home™ Adventure Box featuring The Mayflower & The Pilgrims’ New World by Nathaniel Philbrick! The year is 1620. Patuxet, Pokanoket and other Wampanoag villages in an interconnected network of Indigenous communities grapple with overwhelming change. In England, the winds have started to pick up along the blustery North Atlantic. Two ships have been provisioned and are preparing for a journey.
The History@Home™ Adventure Box takes your family deep into the 17th-century worlds of Plymouth Colony and the Wampanoag Homelands through great books designed for families and friends to enjoy together. Read to yourself, to a friend, or aloud as a family! To accompany you through the book, you’ll receive a weekly email featuring a special hands-on living history challenge. It might be a historic recipe to try, a virtual workshop with Plimoth educators, or a hands-on activity that tests your engineer skills! Complete the book and all the challenges and send your completed Ship’s Log to email@example.com to be entered into a drawing to win a grand prize.
Join us for our next adventure April 18 - April 24, 2021! Click here to register.
Each History @ Home™ Adventure Box includes:
- 1 copy of The Mayflower & The Pilgrims’ New World by Nathaniel Philbrick (Jr. box instead includes Sarah Morton's Day, Samuel Eaton's Day, and Tapenum's Day)
- A Ship's Log to track your progress through 7 unique hands-on Living History Challenges
- Plimoth 8-Row Flint Cornmeal (1lb) and a special recipe card
- Corn Husk Doll making kit
- Quill and ink set with parchment paper and a copy of the Mayflower Compact
- 3 live, interactive virtual workshops with Plimoth’s Museum Educators that take you behind the scenes and teach key skills you will need to complete the challenges!
Schools, Scouts, or Homeschool Co-ops: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about private History@Home™ Adventure Box programming for your group.